Greetings from the frozen North. I am sick of the snow. I am sick of the 5 foot snow bank outside my house. I am sick of everyone around me being sick of the snow. And so I cook. Here is an unbelievably easy recipe to try. It’s great for adults, for the kiddos, for events, for snacks, and even my 11 month old baby girl likes them. Miracle of miracles.
TOTAL TIME: 40 minutes
YIELD: 4 Servings
1 medium red onion finely chopped
15.25 oz can of whole kernel corn (drained)
2 cups shredded Monteray Jack cheese
2 tablespoons of garlic (or more)
8 (8 inch) flour or wheat tortillas
Olive oil as needed
1 teaspoon of cumin
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Topping Suggestions: Salsa, sour cream, guacamole, chopped lettuce, chopped avocados, pico de gallo
1. Heat olive oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in onions and garlic. Cook for several minutes until the chopped onions become soft.
2. Add corn, red pepper, and cumin. Stir well. Cook until heated thoroughly and set pan aside.
3. Put olive oil into a frying pain and heat on medium heat.
4. Place tortilla in pan, sprinkle evenly with cheese, and top with some of your amazing corn mixture.
5. Place second tortilla on top. Cook until one side is golden brown and crispy, then flip and cook the other side.
6. Use pizza cutter to cut, and serve!
SHOPPING LIST: 15.25 oz whole kernel corn, medium red onion, bag of shredded Monteray Jack cheese, package of flour or wheat tortillas, olive oil, cumin, red pepper flakes, garlic.
Stay warm, and eat up. It’s February, it’s almost over.