What a crazy few weeks it has been. With all the company visiting and fun events to attend, I decided it would be a wonderful time to take a writing vacation.
However, now I’m back, and I have some updates!
1. My washing my machine (the one I just paid off) broke down, of course. The pump was broken, water leaked all over the motor, and totally destroyed it. One more thing to pay off yet again. Yay. The washer I just bought will last me a long time though. I wish I would’ve sprung for it right away, instead of getting the cheapo one which I had to replace a year later.
2. I went out with some friends this weekend, and I noticed a distinct change of opinion since I was part of the dating world last. Men like older women. I can’t tell you how many younger guys (24-26) told me they prefer a woman my age (31). Not sure how I feel about re-entering Cougartown (my ex husband was 5 years younger than me), but it’s food for thought to all you single ladies out there who are depressed by your own dating pool.
3. I put potty training on the calendar. Next weekend. It’s game time. Believe me, I am terrified.
4. I decided to give my day job 150%. As you may or may not know, I also work at a hospital in the medical records department. I’ve always been a hard worker, but right now we lack people so I think it’s time to put my Moxie-ass into overdrive and show them what I’m really made of. Should be an interesting few months.
5. I started a budget. DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN. I’ve avoided budgeting like the plague, but lately I’m noticing my money isn’t going where it should go, in fact, it’s not going anywhere I want it too, so it’s time to grow up and set some goals. I am an avid reader of Money Saving Mom, and her blogs are reconditioning how I think about money generally. She is the Bodhisattva of Finance in my world.
6. I spent the weekend with my best friend of 21 years. We camped out with her family at Tahquamenon Falls for a night. I slept in the back of my Blazer, as per my 15 Goals of Summer 2015. I left on Sunday feeling like a new woman. Photos to come this week.
7. I reconnected with another old friend. My friend Samantha is going through some relationship issues of her own, and I’m really happy we were able to find our way back to each other. When you go through a divorce, you’re always two bad days away from going nuts, so you need to have some really great and patient friends to listen to you. I was lucky enough to have that, and I hope to pay it forward 100%.
8. I went on a catamaran down the Sturgeon River with my friends Mandy, Adam and Sam. Six hours of nonstop paddling and I left that river with Michelle Obama’s arms. Again, photos to come.
9. I found a man!! I should be more clear, I found a man to guest post on this website. My long time friend, and stay at home dad, Jason, will be entertaining us with his extreme wit and dad friendly recipes in the future.
10. I took a ferry ride for the very first time in my memory. It was also Audrey’s very first ferry ride ever. She did not notice. As you can see below.
11. I was asked to be a bridesmaid in my friend Tina’s wedding! Friday was the morning from hell. But I came into work and found a little gift bag at my desk with a card asking me to be her bridesmaid. Her wedding will be the first one of my new life and I couldn’t imagine it any other way. Tina spent many, many, hours listening to me vent about my life and it’s craziness. Congratulations Tina and Roy! Tina, I promise to be your crafting slave.
12. Squeak is starting to speak so much better. She is 2.5 years old and her communication skills are not at par with the rest of the children her age. Thank God her daycare noticed something wrong, so I brought her in to have her ears checked a few months ago. She had water built up in her ears, which was hurting her ability to hear clearly and correctly, as well as giving her a mild pneumonia. With the help of our family doctor and her ear specialist, the water issue has FINALLY cleared up without surgery. The new challenge for me will be catching her up on her language skills. More on this to come!
All in all, I couldn’t have asked for a better few weeks. I hope you enjoy my posts over the next few days detailing all the little adventures we had. How is everyone’s summer going? Any tips for developing my daughter’s language skills or potty training?
Good to be back,
P.S. The above photos are from a day trip we took to Monocle Lake in Brimley, Michigan. It was our first time there and, as you can see, it was beautiful.