Everyone has hard days, weeks, months, or maybe even a hard year. As human beings we doubt our decisions, beat ourselves up for the choices we made, and generally over-think what we may have under-thought before. When you enter into that rut, have your heart ripped to shreds, or have your will tested, sometimes we need some words of wisdom to yank us off our knees and back on to our feet. Here are nine quotes to help you weather your storm:
1. “A strong woman that won’t compromise her self-respect can get any real man to love her. But if she becomes a pet, a slave, a floor mat, a do-girl, a fool, or a pushover he will annihilate her heart and leave her for a woman who will make him respect her. Please don’t feel like you’re respecting your man by allowing him to disrespect you.” – Tony A. Gaskins, Jr.
So respect yourself, no matter how heartbroken you are. Don’t let that man see your tears for him.
2. “What we think, we become.” -Buddah
So think positively about yourself, your situation, and others. You don’t have to be that annoyingly positive girl, but always fall back on a positive thought.
3. “When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.” -Franklin D. Roosevelt
So when you want to give up, cowgirl up.
4. “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to ones courage.” – Anais Nin
So have courage to face another day. Even if you feel one day has pushed you over the edge. Life goes on and you will go on with it.
5. “Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together.” – Elizabeth Taylor
So take a moment and do something for yourself that makes you feel better. Self-care is the name of the game.
6. “God will wreck your plans when he sees your plans are about to wreck you.” – Unknown
So mentally picture that something good will come out of these difficult times, even though you may have no idea what it is.
7. “It’s hard to beat a person who never gives up.” – Babe Ruth
So do not ever give up and you will never be beaten.
8. “One day, in retrospect, the years of struggle will strike you as the most beautiful.” -Sigmund Freud
So keep the faith, the hard times make you strong and help you evolve. In the middle of a storm you are scared and unsure, but when you look back on that storm you feel brave and proud of yourself and how you made it through.
9. “The trick is to enjoy life. Don’t wish away your days waiting for better ones ahead.” – Marjorie Pay Hinckley
I think this one speaks for itself. Keep looking at the good. Whether it’s your child’s smile, a walk at night, a hot bath and a glass of wine, talking to a new friend, or the perfect pizza.
We all know life is not always fair. What helps me cope with that fact is the notion that there are a lot of people in this world, and sometimes for you to get what you want, it means another person was denied something. Be it the love of a man or the last doughnut. You win some and you loose some. But you cannot lose forever Moxie Girls, that’s a fact you can bet on. No storm is unending.