I am always faced with a dilemma called, “What the hell am I going to do for dinner?” I get off of work at 4 pm, get Audrey from daycare, and prefer to have food in her mouth by 5 pm. This leaves me with about 30 minutes to cook something healthy and nourishing for her (which she will actually eat). Pepperoni Roll-ups were a concoction that actually solved this problem quite well. Here is the quick and easy recipe:
1 package of turkey pepperoni
1 roll of crescent rolls
1 cup of shredded cheese (your choice)
1 cup of organic pizza or spaghetti sauce
Garlic salt to taste
Oregano to taste
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 13 minutes
- Open your package of crescent rolls and separate all the dough triangles on your counter top or cutting board like you would if you were making regular crescent rolls.
- Very lightly sprinkle your triangle with garlic salt and oregano.
- Top your triangle with about a tablespoon of shredded cheese and two or three pepperoni.
- Roll ’em up!
- Place rolls on ungreased cookie sheets; curve into crescent shape. I sprinkle some more cheese and oregano onto the Pepperoni Roll-Ups for flavor.
- Bake at 375°F. for 11 to 13 minutes or until golden brown.
- Heat up your pizza sauce and enjoy :) This recipe only feeds 2-3 people, but you can double it and feed more.
Here’s to convenient meals!